An exclusive magazine offer every Thursday
This week's offer
Thursday 27 July to Sunday 30 July
Published in Paris
£12 / €16 / $18
to the UK, US and Europe
About this week's magazine
Les Others is an outdoors, travel, and photography title published in both French and English. This fifth issue offers an in-depth review of randomness, coincidences and serendipity: Through photo series, travelogues and interviews, it explores the role of improvisation in creativity, the temperament of the sea, and how mountain climbers predict the weather from 5,000 miles away.
In this issue:
- The unpredictable nature of mountains takes on another dimension when you tackle it slightly higher up. Stefan Bogner visits the high altitudes with his camera
- Yan Giezendanner is a weather expert, capable of foreseeing the slightest weather window (a period of calm weather) from over 5,000 miles away
- Unable to find his place on the path society had laid out for him, Hiroki packed everything in overnight to focus on agriculture, a sector that may be at the dawn of a new age
- A trip to South Georgia means four days of perilous navigation from the Falkland Islands. Florence Joubert embarked on this journey aboard sailor Jérôme Poncet’s expedition boat
- “We grow unhappy but we are born lonely,” French writer and lover of the sea Paul Guimard used to say. Photographer Laura Austin is convinced this thought helped her to see life differently, and embrace solitude on the road
Sounds good? Order your copy
Free delivery to the UK, US and Europe
How Sampler works
Sign up to the weekly email and be first to hear about our offers
- How can I pay for magazines?
We take payment in sterling, euros and dollars, and accept all major debit cards, credit cards and PayPal.
- How will I know my purchase has been completed?
You will automatically receive an email to confirm that your payment has been received and processed. If you’re unsure whether a payment has been made, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Can I subscribe to Sampler?
No - Sampler is intended as a quick and easy way to buy the world’s best independent magazines with no commitments. If you’d like to buy magazines by subscription, take a look at our Stack monthly subscription service.
- Do you offer international delivery?
We can deliver magazines to you anywhere in the world. Shipping is free to the UK, Europe and USA, and is subsidised for the rest of the world. Simply select your country from the drop down menu when you make your purchase and any shipping cost will be automatically displayed.
- When will my magazine be sent to me?
Magazines on Sampler often go on sale before they’re available to buy in the shops - or even before they've been printed. Your magazine will be sent to you as soon as it arrives at our mailing house, but that may be a few weeks after you make your purchase. We will keep you updated on the progress of your magazine as it is dispatched so you’ll know when to expect it, but if you have any questions please just drop us a line.
- Once my magazine is ready, how long will it take to reach me?
The shipping time will depend on where in the world your magazine is printed. We’ll always try to make sure your magazine takes the fastest route to your door, but as a rough guide, shipping times from our UK mailing house are as follows:
UK: Next day, but please allow for up to 1 week
Western Europe: 3-5 working days on average, but it can take up to 2 weeks
Rest of world: 5-7 working days on average, but depending on the country it can take up to 3 weeks
- Can I track my magazine?
To keep the shipping free, we use standard postage with no tracking. There is the option, at checkout, to have your magazine delivered by tracked and signed, but it will just cost a bit more, depending on the magazine's weight.
- What if my magazine doesn’t arrive?
If you’re concerned that your magazine may be delayed or lost, please contact us to check on its progress. In the event of a magazine being lost, we will refund your purchase in full.
- Can I buy a magazine for somebody else?
You certainly can. Simply provide their name and address information in the delivery section when you make your purchase and we’ll send the magazine out to them as soon as it's ready.
- Why do you have so few copies available?
As the name suggests, Sampler is a way to try new things. We hope you love the service, but we have a limited number of copies available because we don’t want to become the way you buy all your magazines! If Sampler helps you find your new favourite magazine, your best bet is to buy direct from the publisher in future, or from your local magazine shop.
- How can I have my magazine considered for Sampler?
If you’d like to have your magazine considered for Sampler, send us an email with the details and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
- Who runs Sampler?
Sampler is run by Stack director Steven Watson. Stack delivers a different independent magazine to thousands of subscribers all around the world every month, and Sampler was created to help even more people discover the best new publishing. Find out more about Stack and subscribe to our monthly magazine deliveries at the Stack site.
We’d love to hear what you think to Sampler. If you have any questions or comments about the service, please email email@example.com.